Friday, February 8, 2013

SMUMN - Future Action Research - Feedback

Cross-Post for St. Mary's University Master's Program:

There is hardly a doubt that providing timely and helpful feedback in an efficient manner to a student is one of the most effective things a teacher can do to help increase student learning and achievement. There is a plethora of writing that exists on the subject - blog posts, articles, even whole books - and all of this writing backs up it's importance. We know what it needs to look like, and we know how to give good feedback. What we don't know is how we give feedback in an efficient manner while keeping a shred of our sanity and free time. That is something I really want to explore - how can I arrange my class so that my students will receive high quality feedback in a timely and efficient manner.

I'm not really sure where to even begin with this one...but, I suppose that's half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment